Experience Wilderness Edge Cabin located four miles west of the Nisqually River entrance to Mount Rainier National Park.
About the location:
Located four miles west of the Nisqually River entrance to Mount Rainier National Park in the town of Ashford, WA. The Wilderness Edge Cabin is also near the Glacier View Wilderness Area in the north part of the old Hershey homestead. The cabin is easily accessed by Washington State Route 706 and shares the grounds with a private residence. Popular area activities include hiking, snowshoeing, guided trail rides on horseback, steam train rides and visits to the nearby sculpture park. Wildlife like deer, elk, or even bobcat, bear, and cougars live in the surrounding areas. Area shops and restaurants in Ashford and Elbe are a few miles away.
About the cabin:
The cabin features a full kitchen, propane fireplace, outdoor firepit, and picnic table. This cozy cabin rental has a queen size bed and a fold out futon to sleep up to four people. The cabin is heated by a propane fireplace and forced air electric heat. Hiking can begin right outside your back door. The grounds border land protected by Nisqually River Land Trust. Kids of all ages welcome. The cabin features a cupboard filled with cardboard blocks and toy cars. Kids under 12 stay free. Enjoy the peaceful sounds of the flowing waters of Hershey Creek. Bring supplies to make smores or a guitar for fun at the outdoor fire pit. There is no television in the cabin, wi-fi is provided however coverage in this rural location is “spotty” which makes Wilderness Edge Cabin a great place to unplug and unwind. Outdoor recreation is plentiful year-round for guests.
- An outdoor fire pit for roasting marshmallows and playing guitar makes for a pleasant evening.
- Room to pitch a tent if needed.
- With a queen size bed and foldout futon the cabin sleeps up to four.
- A propane fireplace and forced air electric heat add to your comfort.
- Children are welcome here. A cupboard filled with cardboard blocks and push cars will keep them happy.
- Babysitting service is available if you wish to go out for dinner or have a little time to yourselves. Our children always enjoy new playmates.
Wilderness Edge Cabin Has Porch and Mountain Views - UPDATED 2017 - TripAdvisor - Ashford Vacation Rental
Rates are calculated based on the latest information provided. Please contact the manager/owner to confirm actual rates for your requested dates. Additional Rate and Availability Information