Visitors are urged to please follow CDC recommendations, practice social distancing, and respect public lands.
At this time there is no official travel ban in place in the Mount Rainier region however, the stringent public health orders make travel challenging. Travelers should abide by public health orders in Washington State, King County, Pierce County, and Lewis County. Travelers are encouraged to assume personal responsibility in exercising recommended safety protocols and practices during this time.
Temporary Closures in the Mount Rainier Region
- Pioneer Farm Museum and Ohop Indian Village
- Thunder Dome Car Museum (tentative plans to reopen July 8th)
- Alder Lake boat launch is open, the campground, park and restroom facilities remain closed.
- Ashford County Park is open, the restrooms and playground remain closed. Please note if you drive to the park and parking is not available, then the site is at capacity. Do not park in unauthorized areas or in neighborhoods.
- Crystal Mountain Resort (by reservations only for spring skiing and snowboarding June 1-14)
- Federation Forest State Park
- Gifford Pinchot National Forest
- Mineral Lake boat launch is open, the Mineral Market is open, the Mineral Lake Resort remains closed.
- Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest (partially reopened click here for details)
- Mount Rainier National Park (partially open click here for details)
- Mount Tahoma Trails, the access roads, and trail system reopen for day use only; the huts will remain closed until further notice.
- Northwest Trek Wildlife Park (partially open for new exclusive drive-thru tours)
- Pack Forest the gates are open Monday-Friday from 7:30 am to 2:30 pm. Limited parking is available in the lot by the administration building and the Arboretum lot until 2:30 pm. All vehicles still in that lot after 2:30 pm will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Snoquera Falls (trail open, campground closed)
Area Restaurants and Retail Offering Curb-Side, To-Go and Take-Out
Operating hours are listed if known at the time of publishing.
- Base Camp Bar & Grill open Friday-Sunday order online and select your pick-up time! http://rainierbasecampgrill.com
- Copper Creek Inn (360) 569-2326 open 11:00 AM-7:00 PM Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM-8:00 PM Saturday-Sunday
- Paradise Village (360) 255-0070
- Whittaker’s Bunkhouse Café open Friday-Sunday from 8 AM-6 PM (360) 569-2439
- Elbe Bar & Grill (360) 569-2545
- Griffin & Wells (Tuesdays & Thursdays) (360) 226-3084
- El Ranchito is offering to go services from 3 PM- 8 PM weekdays and 2 PM – 9 PM weekends (360) 802-9625
- Kelly’s Restaurant & Lounge (360) 284-2333
- Il Siciliano (360) 825-9463
- Leony’s Cellars has 8 wines available by the bottle. Orders may be placed and paid for over the phone to be picked up in person at their Enumclaw location. The person picking up bottle orders must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid driver’s license. (360) 500-9942
- Mazatlan Restaurant (360) 825-3544
- The Kettle (360) 825-7033
- Blue Spruce Saloon & Diner (360) 494-5605
- Cliff Droppers (360) 494-2055
- Cruiser’s Pizza open 12 PM-8 PM Wednesday and Thursday, 12 PM – 9 PM Friday and Saturday, 12:00 PM-8 PM Sunday (360) 494-5400
- Carlson Block Pizza (360) 761-7593 open Thursday-Sunday from 3 PM – 8 PM.
Updated June 1, 2020, at 1:15 PM