- Distance and Time: The walks cover approximately 1.5 miles in two hours. This is a good opportunity for beginners to try the sport.
- Group Size: Snowshoe walks are limited to 25 people, 8 years old or older, on a first-come, first-served basis. Sign up at the Henry M. Jackson Visitor Center information desk at Paradise beginning one hour before the start time.
- Equipment: You will need snowshoes. They can be borrowed from the park for a $5 per-pair donation, which defrays the cost of snowshoe maintenance and replacement, or you can use your own snowshoes. Participants also need to bring a hat, mittens or gloves, suitable boots (because you will sink into the snow even wearing snowshoes), sunscreen and sunglasses.
- When: Guided public snowshoe walks are presented twice a day (11:45 a.m. and 1:45 p.m.) at Paradise beginning December 24th 2013 (snow permitting) through January 1, 2014. After January 1st through the end of March, the walks will be conducted on weekends and holidays only.
- Organized Groups: Snowshoe walks are available to organized groups of 13-25 people by reservation only. Group snowshoe walks begin at 2 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.Starting Jan 4, 2014.
- For more info: Call (360) 569-6575. Or, visit the Longmire Museum or Jackson Visitor Center (open from 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM on Weekends and Holidays including December 21-Jan 1).
Visit Rainier is a not-for-profit, non-membership destination marketing organization that promotes tourism in the gateway communities around Mt. Rainier.