Mt Rainier Pass | Visit Rainier
Entrance to Mount Rainier National Park

Pass Requirements


Entrance Fees

Save time at the entrance and pay your entry fee before you come using YourPassNow!

Fee Type

Current Fee

Mount Rainier Annual Pass

  • Grants unlimited entry for one year to pass owner and passengers in the same car


Mount Rainier Single Vehicle Fee

  • Grants unlimited entry for one vehicle and passengers for seven consecutive days

  • Vehicle must be private, noncommercial, and with a seating capacity of 15 or less


Mount Rainier “Per Person” Fee

  • Walk-up or single bicycle fee

  • Grants unlimited entry for seven consecutive days


Mount Rainier Motorcycle Fee

  • Grants unlimited entry for one motorcycle and passenger for seven consecutive days


Campground Fees – Camping Information

  • Per site, nightly


Campground Fees – Groups

  • Groups sites, nightly

  • Accommodates 25 to 40 people



Electronic Passes Available Through YourPassNow

Purchase park entrance passes from at no additional cost. Once purchased, passes for Mount Rainier National Park must be printed prior to use. While in the park, the paper copy is presented at entrance stations and displayed on the vehicle dashboard, particularly when the vehicle is parked at trailheads, campgrounds, and park inns. Connectivity is limited or non-existent in the park, therefore printing the permit in advance is required. The pass will be accepted at all park entrance stations.

The federal interagency annual pass, the America the Beautiful – The National Parks and Federal Recreation Lands Pass Series, is available for purchase at Mount Rainier National Park and online. The following Mount Rainier passes are available on

  • Private Vehicle ($30, valid for seven days)
  • Motorcycle ($25, valid for seven days)
  • Individual/Bicycle ($15, valid for seven days)
  • Mount Rainier Annual Pass ($55 valid for one year from month of purchase)
An image of the Mount Rainier Annual Pass, featuring a blooming wildflower meadow with Mount Rainier in the background and the NPS Arrow in the upper right corner.
The Mount Rainier Annual Pass

Mount Rainier Annual Pass

The annual park pass covers entrance fees for the pass holder and accompanying passengers in a single, private, non-commercial vehicle at Mount Rainier National Park. This pass does not cover camping fees and is non-transferable and non-refundable. This pass can be purchased at any entrance to Mount Rainier.

NOTE: The Discover Pass is for Washington State Parks only and does not cover Mount Rainier National Park.



Mount Rainier Annual Pass – $55.00

Grants unlimited entry for one year to pass owner and passengers in the same car.

Sample National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands annual pass with image of river winding through canyonlands at sunset

The America the Beautiful – The National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass Series is your ticket to more than 2,000 federal recreation sites across the United States.

Passes cover:

  • entrance fees at national parks and national wildlife refuges
  • standard amenity fees (day-use fees) at national forests and grasslands and at lands managed by the Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, and US Army Corps of Engineers

In general, one pass covers the fees listed above for a driver and all passengers in a personal vehicle at per-vehicle fee areas or up to four adults at sites that charge per person. Children age 15 or under are admitted free. Some passes provide additional benefits, such as a 50-percent discount on camping at some sites for holders of Senior or Access Passes. Always check with individual sites for details.

Available passes include:

  • Annual Pass
  • Annual Pass for U.S. Military
  • 4th Grade Pass
  • Senior Pass: The price of the lifetime Senior Pass increased to $80. A $20 annual Senior Pass is also available. See more information about changes to the Senior Pass.
  • Access Pass
  • Volunteer Pass

More information about the America the Beautiful – The National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass Series, including available passes, costs, benefits, and how and where they may be obtained, is available. Learn More About National Parks and Federal Lands Passes


Note regarding Military Pass: Available for current US military members and their dependents in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard, as well as most members of the US Reserves and National Guard. Proper military ID required (CAC Card or DoD Form 1173).

Commercial Tour Fees

These fees are charged only to commercial organizations, such as tour companies. This fee is determined by the seating capacity of the vehicle:

  • Sedan with 1 to 6 seats = $30 + $15 per client
  • Van with 7 to 15 seats = $75
  • Minibus with 16 to 25 seats = $100
  • Motor Coach with 26 or more seats = $200

NOTE: There are no current road restrictions for unmodified motor coaches of the standard length in the park. However, be aware that roads in the park are steep, narrow, and winding. In particular, it is recommended that RVs and vehicles with trailers longer than 25 feet LOA not travel up the Sunrise Road beyond the White River Campground intersection.

Education Fee Waiver

Groups from qualified education institutions are eligible for a fee waiver if they are coming to study park resources.
Fee waivers must be applied for at least one month prior to your planned visit.

Complete an Education Fee Waiver application and email to mora_fee_waiver@nps.govApplications accepted by email ONLY; no fax or mail-in applications.

Other Fees & Permits

Campgrounds – Learn more about camping reservations, regulations, and fees.

Permits & Reservations
Information about Special Use Permits, Wilderness Reservation Permit, Climbing Pass, and Scientific Research & Collecting Permit.


USFS trailheads in Washington and Oregon with developed facilities (toilet, picnic table, etc.) charge a user fee.  This includes many trailheads in the Cascades and Olympics. A list of sites is here.  Many other undeveloped trailheads do not require a pass in the National Forest region.

National Forest Recreation Day Pass: $5/car. Allows you to park at trailheads for one day. You can purchase several day passes ahead of time and write the dates on them as you use them. The pass is available at National Forest offices and visitor centers, via private vendors or online. Beginning April 1, 2014, you can purchase the day pass online and print it at home. Note that WTA and some other vendors listed do not carry day passes.

Northwest Forest Pass: $30. An annual pass honored at all Forest Service day-use or entrance fee sites in Washington and Oregon. The pass is available at National Forest offices and visitor centers and via private vendors or online. Passes may also be purchased at the WTA office or online.

America the Beautiful Interagency Annual Pass: $80. This pass provides entrance to all Forest Service, national park and other federal site charging fees for one year. Purchase at a National Forest office or online.  Details here.

Interagency Senior Pass: $80. This is a lifetime pass for persons 62 years old and older, honored nationwide at any federal site charging entrance fees. The Senior Pass allows cardholder, plus up to 5 persons per vehicle to enter. Check out the details here.

Mount St. Helens National Monument: Mount St. Helens, managed by the USFS, charges on a per-person fee basis. Entry to the Coldwater or Johnson Ridge sites are $8 per person for those 16 and older (free for kids). They will honor Interagency Annual and Senior passes for named pass-holders, and a Northwest Forest Pass will gain entry for one person. Details.



Discover Pass logo

Discover Pass

Discover Pass is required for vehicle access to state parks and recreation lands managed by the Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission, the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW), and the Washington State Department of Natural Resources (DNR). One pass can be transferred between two vehicles. The fees are as follows (transaction and dealer fees may apply):

  • Annual pass: $35
  • One-day pass: $11.50

Your purchase of the Discover Pass supports recreation on state lands. However, you do not need to purchase the pass under the following circumstances:

If you are camping or renting overnight accommodations, including vacation houses, environmental learning centers, yurts, and cabins, you will not need a Discover Pass for access to the state park where you are staying for the duration of your stay. If you visit other state parks in the area or other state recreation lands managed by WDFW or DNR, a Discover Pass will be required.

Disabled veterans and other Washington State Parks pass holders registered through Washington State Parks do not need to purchase a Discover Pass for access to Washington state parks. You will need to purchase the Discover Pass for access to lands managed by WDFW and DNR. To apply for a State Parks pass, complete and submit the appropriate pass application.

You will not need a Discover Pass to launch your boat from a state park boat launch if you have the annual Natural Investment Permit. You will need the Discover Pass for boat launches managed by DNR and WDFW.

Sno-Park seasonal permit holders do not need a Discover Pass to use a designated Sno-Park between November 1 and March 31 for winter recreation activities. The Sno-Park permit exemption does not apply to non-winter recreation activities.

Fish and Wildlife Vehicle Use Permit/Vehicle Access Pass (VAP). Previously available for purchase, the complimentary VAP is provided to those who purchase hunting and fishing licenses. This pass only provides access to WDFW lands.

Washington State Parks Car Tab renewal donation. We encourage you to continue to donate $5 to State Parks when renewing your annual vehicle license tabs. However, this is not the same as the Discover Pass.


Sno-Parks (from WA State Parks)
The Winter Recreation Program manages Sno-Parks (cleared parking areas) in close proximity to groomed and backcountry trails.

  • Snowmobile Sno-Parks are open to both motorized and non-motorized winter recreation.
  • Non-motorized Sno-Parks are only open to winter recreation sports such as cross-country skiing, dog sledding, snowshoeing, and snow play.


Sno-Park permits are available online from November 1 through April 30.

Visitors to Washington state parks and state recreation lands managed by the Department of Fish and Wildlife and the Washington State Department of Natural Resources are required to display the Discover Pass on their vehicles.

Exemption: If you have a current seasonal Sno-Park permit, you will not need to purchase a Discover Pass to use a designated Sno-Park between November 1 and March 31 for winter recreation activities. However, your Sno-Park permit may not be used to access other state recreation lands.

Please note: If using a daily Sno-Park permit, you also will need a one-day or annual Discover Pass when visiting Crystal Springs, Easton Reload, and Hyak Sno-Parks; Fields Spring, Lake Easton, Lake Wenatchee, and Mount Spokane state parks; and the Department of Natural Resources’ Mount Tahoma Trail System. For more information or to purchase an annual Discover Pass, click here.

SnoPark Pass Vendors

Ashford Valley Grocery – 4 N
29716 SR 706 E
Ph: 360-569-2560
Ashford WA 98304
Whittaker Mountaineering
30027 SR 706 E
Ph: 360-569-2142
Ashford WA 98304
Wapiti Woolies
58414 E. State Route 410
Ph: 360-663-2268
Greenwater WA 98022
Slims Market-Quick Market Inc.
9951 U.S. Highway 12
Ph: 509-653-2268
Naches WA 98937
The Little Red School House
12691 U.S. Highway 12
Ph: 509-653-2041
Naches WA 98937
Whistlin’ Jack Lodge
20800 SR 410
Ph: 509-658-2433
Naches WA 98937
Fischer’s Market
9790 U.S. Highway 12
Ph: 360-497-5355
Randle WA 98377

See the Complete List of Vendors