What Is A Quest?
Quests are a fun and educational way to tour the park and visit areas of interest to you. Each Quest is an adventure that lets you discover special places in the park as you explore a theme. Many Quest discovery sites include activities or interactive questions that you can complete to earn a certificate of recognition.
Some areas of the park are not open at certain times of the year. The road from Nisqually to Paradise is open year-round, but many other roads close between late October and late May. Operating hours of visitor centers and other services can vary with the seasons. See the park newspaper or stop by any visitor center for information on roads, facility hours, and services. You can also visit the park website at http://www.nps.gov/mora or call (360) 569-2211 ext. 3314 for current information and advice. Park staff is always glad to help you plan your Quest.
Plan Your Trip
- Gas is not sold inside the park but is available in many nearby communities.
- Cell phone reception is limited in the park. Payphones are available at visitor centers and campgrounds. Public WIFI is not available in the park, though some of the nearby communities have WIFI sites.
- All vehicles are required to carry tire chains when traveling in the park during the snow season (Nov 1 to May 1).
Things to Bring
- This guide and the Quest(s) of your choice
- Park map, available at park entrances and visitor centers. It will help you find park services and facilities and locate Quest discovery sites.
- Park newsletter, available at park entrances and visitor centers. It will give current hours of operation for park facilities and provide other helpful information.
- Drinking water, energy snacks, a warm jacket, walking shoes
- A pen or pencil