During 2015 Mount Rainier National Park Associates will be conducting six volunteer work parties at Mount Rainier: four Saturdays of trail maintenance work and two Saturdays “alpine gardening”. The Volunteers invite you to join them for a day or two of volunteer work, donating your time and effort, but also enjoying the amazing place that is Mount Rainier National Park and the company of people who love that place.
Please mark your calendars to join the Volunteers on any, or all, of the following dates (subject to change). The locations will be determined by park staff about two weeks before the volunteer work party.
- April 25th trail maintenance (a great day to get that first spring outing at Mount Rainier)
- May 16th trail maintenance
- June 13th trail maintenance
- July 11th The Deveg (exotic plant removal, also known as weeding, but a surprisingly fun Saturday)
- August 15th trail maintenance during the day, followed by a pot luck dinner, and an overnight camp for the volunteers who have worked that day
- September 12th The Reveg (planting wildflower seedlings to re-establish alpine meadows)
For more information and specifics about volunteering, visit the Mt. Rainier Volunteers website.