FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE-_
Media and Community Relations-_
[email protected] -_-_
Mt. Rainier, WA.- Looking for something different this Easter? Why not try roasting Peeps over an open campfire or enjoy a sunrise Easter service at 6,800 feet? Try skiing with the Easter Bunny, or take a steam train ride to an egg hunt! These are just some of the special Easter activities found around Mt. Rainier. Check out some last minute Spring Break specials too!
EASTER ACTIVITIES< /strong>
Easter Weekend at Alta Crystal Resort, Crystal Mountain< /strong>
- Friday night, kick off the weekend with cupcake decorating and a crafts party.< /li>
- Saturday afternoon, after skiing, it’s the annual Easter egg hunt with prizes for everyone.< /li>
- Saturday evening, it’s the 15th annual Easter bonfire, complete with s’mores, hot chocolate, beer & wine and Peeps to roast!< /li>
- Sunday morning brings Crystal Mountain’s Easter Sunrise Service. This is one of those experiences guests will be talking about for the rest of their lives. Ride up the Mt. Rainier Gondola before the sunrise. The service will start just as the sun rises over East Peak. Incredible! (If that seems too early, the Mt. Rainier Gondola will be open all day for scenic rides and lunch at the Summit House.)< /li>
- Rates start at just $199.99, plus tax, per night.< /li>
- For more information: http: / /www.altacrystalresort.com /specials /easter-weekend-events-specials /< /li>
< /ul>Bunny Express on the Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad, Elbe< /strong>
The Easter Bunny is somewhere in Mineral! Bring the family out for a good ‘ole’ fashion egg hunt! Meet the train at the depot located in Elbe, off State Highway 7. Trains are pulled by one of Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad’s historic steam locomotives to its picnic grounds on Mineral Lake. The Easter Bunny will be in the area! Kids will have fun finding plastic eggs filled with treats and gifts. The Bunny Express fills up fast, so make reservations early. Don’t forget a camera and an Easter basket for the eggs. The ride is 40 minutes to the lake and then 40 minutes back to the depot. Participants will spend approximately 30 minutes at the lake for a total round trip of about 2 hours.
- Date: Saturday, April 7< /li>
- Rides: 10 am, 12:45 pm, 3 pm< /li>
- Fares: Adult: $26; Senior /Military: $23; Youth: (2-12) $21; Children under 2: Free< /li>
- Call 1-888-STEAM-11 for reservations or visit www.mrsr.com < /li>
< /ul>Easter Brunch at the Alpine Inn, Crystal Mountain< /strong>
Celebrate this Easter with family and friends at the Alpine Inn at the base of Crystal Mountain. Brunch will feature cheese blintz with lingonberry sauce, eggs Florentine, chicken apple sausage, scrambled eggs, carved prime rib, assorted deserts and much more.
- Time: 7:30am – Noon< /li>
- Cost: Adults, $20; Children 10 and under, $10< /li>
- For reservations, call 1-888-754-6400< /li>
< /ul>Skiing Easter Bunny & Egg Hunt at Crystal Mountain< /strong>
Catch him if you can… The Easter Bunny will be shredding up the slopes with pockets full of candy. The Easter Egg hunt will take place at the Alpine Inn starting at 12:30 pm for children 10 and under. Parents, please bring 12 candy-filled eggs to the Alpine Inn by 11 am.
Sunrise Service at Crystal Mountain< /strong>
Watching the sun rise over the snow-covered peaks of the Cascade Range is breathtaking! Catch an early ride up to the summit for the Sunrise Service and watch beauty unfold during an inter-denominational service.
- Date: Sunday, April 8 < /li>
- Time: upload the gondola from 5:30am – 6 am sharp (no exceptions)< /li>
- Cost: Regular scenic or ski lift + gondola rates apply.< /li>
- For more information visit www.crystalmountainresort.com. < /li>
< /ul>Easter Brunch at the National Park Inn, Longmire< /strong>
Surrounded by the spectacular scenery of Mount Rainier National Park, the National Park Inn is offering a bountiful Easter brunch, including a hand carved maple brown sugar glazed ham, blackberry blintzes, house made biscuits with country sausage gravy, potatoes O’Brien, sausage links, bacon, scrambled eggs, assorted pastries and more!
- Date: Sunday, April 8< /li>
- Time: 9am – 2pm< /li>
- Cost: $14.95 adults; $10.95 for children 10 & under< /li>
- For more information visit www.mtrainierguestservices.com< /li>
< /ul>Easter Egg Hunt at White Pass< /strong>
The White Pass Ski area will be hosting an Easter egg hunt at its High Camp Lodge.
- Date: Sunday, April 8< /li>
- Time: 1pm< /li>
- Cost: Free < /li>
< /ul>LAST MINUTE SPRING BREAK LODGING SPECIALS ROUND UP< /strong>
Jasmer’s Rainier Cabins, Ashford< /strong>
- April 1 – May 15: Buy two nights in any fireplace room and get one night free.< /li>
- Select cabins: Buy two nights and get the third night for $99.< /li>
- Mt. Rainier Wine & Brew Festival: Buy two nights and receive two additional nights for $99 in select cabins.< /li>
- For more information, www.jasmers.com.< /li>
< /ul>Wilderness Edge Cabin, Ashford< /strong>-_
20% off four or more nights for Wilderness Edge Cabin. For more information, www.wildernessedgecabin.com.
Packwood Inn, Packwood< /strong>-_
Queen room for $49.99 plus tax, with a two-night minimum stay. For more information, www.packwoodinn.com.
Check out last minute lodging deals year-round! Visit the website between Thursday at noon, to Friday at noon, and check out the last minute lodging deals< /a> section. Lodging properties offer unsold inventory at a discount of their choice, for the upcoming weekend. For more information, visitrainier.com.
For information on visiting Mt. Rainier, its surrounding communities, and to see which properties are currently offering lodging discounts, visit visitrainier.com.
Visit Rainier is a not-for-profit, non-membership destination marketing organization that promotes tourism in the gateway communities around Mt. Rainier.< /em>