Why book one of the guided hikes at Crytal Mountain?
Because if you hike on a clear day you’re going to see one of the best views of Mount Rainier! These guided hikes at Crystal Mountain are not only scenic but they also allow visitors to go adventuring with a local expert. Relax and leave the planning and details to the guide. As a result, guests can relax and fully enjoy the nature trails. Visitors can expect to wind through lush pine forests, past quiet streams and lakes, through wide-open meadows of wildflowers.
Begin the day by experiencing the scenic Mt. Rainier Gondola with a ride up to the Summit House Restaurant for a group lunch. At the Summit House guests are treated to the highest elevation dining experience in all of Washington State! After lunch, the group will hike down the Crystal Mountain Trail with your Crystal Mountain guide. The Crystal Mountain Trail is 6 miles downhill, which drops approximately 3,000 vertical feet of elevation so this hike is recommended for intermediate to advanced hikers.
How much does it cost?
- $60 per person, includes group lunch at the Summit House Restaurant, gondola ticket and guided hike.
Where and when to meet up?
- Park at one of the Crystal Mountain Resort parking lots and walk to the Mt. Rainier Gondola
- Hikes begin at 11:00 AM and end at 3:30 PM
Best time to go on a guided hike at Crystal Mountain?
- Book in advance, space is limited on these guided hikes
- Wear comfortable hiking shoes
- Apply sunscreen
- Bring water and stay hydrated
Who to contact for more information?
Several lodging options are located within walking distance.