Experience the drama of winter at Mount Rainier National Park on snowshoes. Marvel at the alpine trees encased in snow and ice. Look out onto the clean white mountainsides that seem to go on and on. During the summer months, you have to stick to the trail, but once the snow becomes deep enough, the mountain offers much more room to explore. With a little know-how and the right supplies, strap on snowshoes and explore the park’s winter trails.
Q: Where can I rent snowshoes?
A: There are multiple places throughout the region to rent snowshoes.
- National Park Inn General Store at Longmire | Website
- Whittaker Mountaineering in Ashford | Website
- White Pass Sports Hut in Packwood | Website
- Nordic Yurt at White Pass Ski Area | Website
- Greenwater Collective in Greenwater | Website
- Crystal Mountain Resort | Website
- Enumclaw Ski & Mountain Sports | Website