From the sublime to the thrilling, Easter weekend at Mount Rainier promises a memorable time.
Easter Weekend in and around Mt. Rainier National Park will offer celebrations and good times on April 7th and 8th. Here are the highlights:
Easter Brunch at the Alpine Inn, Crystal Mountain
Celebrate this Easter with family and friends at the Alpine Inn at the base of Crystal Mountain. Brunch will feature cheese blintz with lingonberry sauce, eggs Florentine, chicken apple sausage, scrambled eggs, carved prime rib, assorted deserts and much more.
• Date: Sunday, April 8 • Time: 7:30am – Noon • Cost: Adults, $20; Children 10 and under, $10 • For reservations, call 1-888-754-6400 or visit www.crystalhotels.com.
Sunrise Service at Crystal Mountain
Watching the sun rise over the snow-covered peaks of the Cascade Range will take your breath away. Catch an early ride up to the summit for the Sunrise Service and watch the beauty unfold during an inter-denominational service.
• Date: Sunday, Apri 8 • Time: upload the gondola from 5:30am – 6:00am sharp (no exceptions) • Cost: Click here. Regular scenic or ski lift + gondola rates apply. • For more information, access www.crystalmountainresort.com
Skiing Easter Bunny & Egg Hunt at Crystal Mountain
Catch him if you can… The Easter Bunny will be shredding up the slopes with pockets full of candy. The Easter Egg hunt will take place at the Alpine Inn starting at 12:30pm for children 10 and under. Parents, please bring 12 candy filled eggs to the Alpine Inn by 11am.
Bunny Express on the Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad
The Easter Bunny is somewhere in Mineral! Bring the family out for a good ‘ole’ fashion egg hunt! Meet the train at the Depot located in Elbe, off State Highway 7. Trains are pulled by one of Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad’s historic steam locomotives to its picnic grounds on Mineral Lake. The Easter Bunny will be in the area! The kids will have fun finding the plastic eggs filled with treats and gifts. The Bunny Express fills up fast, so make reservations early. Don’t forget your camera and and Easter basket for the eggs. The ride is 40 minutes to the lake and 40 minutes back to the Depot. Participants will spend approximately 30 minutes at the lake for a total round trip of about 2 hours.
• Date: Saturday, April 7 • Rides: 10:00am, 12:45pm, 3:00pm • Fares: General (13-61): $26, Senior (62+)/Military: $23, Youth (2-12): $21, Children under 2: Free • Call 1-888-STEAM-11 for reservations or visit www.mrsr.com
Easter Brunch at the National Park Inn
Surrounded by the spectacular scenery of Mount Rainier National Park, the National Park Inn is offering a bountiful Easter brunch (see menu), including a hand carved maple brown sugar glazed ham, blackberry blintzes, house made biscuits with country sausage gravy, potatoes o’brien, sausage links, bacon, scrambled eggs, assorted pastries and more. View complete menu here.
• Date: Sunday, April 8 • Time: 9am – 2pm • Cost: $14.95 adults | $10.95 for children 10 & under • For more information, visit www.mtrainierguestservices.com
Easter Egg Hunt at White Pass
The White Pass Ski Area will be hosting an Easter egg hunt at its High Camp Lodge.
• Date: Sunday, April 8 • Time: 1pm • Cost: Free
Easter Lodging Special at Alta Crystal
On Friday night, we kick off the weekend with a cupcake decorating and crafts party. On Saturday afternoon, after skiing, we host our annual Easter egg hunt with prizes for everyone. After dinner, we’ll have our 15th annual Easter bonfire, complete with s’mores, hot chocolate, beer & wine-and Peeps to roast, of course.
Sunday morning brings Crystal Mountain’s Easter Sunrise Service. This is one experience guests will be talking about for the rest of their lives. Ride up the Mt. Rainier Gondola before the sunrise, and the service will start just as the sun rises over East Peak. Incredible!
• Rates for the weekend start at just $199.99 plus tax per night. • Call 1-800-277-6475 or visit www.altacrystalresort.com for reservations and more information.