This is a repeating eventjuly 13, 2018 5:15 pm
Your table awaits! Start your weekend early with an experiential journey on the Eastern Tacoma Railway of the Milwaukee
Your table awaits! Start your weekend early with an experiential journey on the Eastern Tacoma Railway of the Milwaukee Road as you enjoy a classic steam train ride, scrumptious meal, live entertainment and the beautiful forests and foothills of Mt. Rainier all in one long summer evening!
Climb aboard living history and dine among iron horses in a historic logging camp. Family-style dining – featuring reinventions of cookhouse favorites – harkens back to life in our historic logging camp, elevated to the comfort and class of today.
Board your coach from the platform at the historic Elbe Depot; as you enjoy the ride through the Nisqually Valley and cross rivers and streams in the foothills of Mt. Rainier, attendants will share stories of the Pacific Northwest’s pioneer settlement and growth. Travel through the logging heartland of Cascadia pulled by vintage locomotives that have transported people and goods through these mountains for over a century. In the foothills of Mt. Rainier, experience family-style al fresco dining in a historic setting. Embrace the atmosphere of a turn-of-the-century logging camp through a rustic menu of locally sourced food and a family-style presentation. For lodging near the train station click here.
Your fare includes a steam train ride, museum admission, dinner at the museum, and dessert served during the train ride home. Vegetarian and gluten-free options available. Whether you are celebrating a special occasion or taking the time to make new memories, it’s the perfect way to start your weekend in the wilderness.
- 5:15-5:30 PM: Boarding time at Elbe Depot
- 5:30 PM: Train leaves Elbe Depot
- 6:10 PM: Train arrives at Museum
- LAYOVER with MUSEUM TOURS, BBQ DINNER, LIVE ENTERTAINMENT
- 7:30 PM: Train leaves Mineral’s Railroad and Logging Museum
- 8:00 PM: Train arrives Elbe Depot
(all times are subject to change and are dependent on current circumstances)
- First Class Adult: $84
- First Class Child: $64
- Standard Class Adult: $69
- Standard Class Child: $49
Book Now! Call 360-492-6000 to speak with a friendly reservation agent!
- The event area is in an outdoor area of a historic logging camp. Please dress according to weather conditions both current and anticipated. You can expect cool or rainy weather anytime in Washington!
- Sturdy walking shoes are recommended.
- You cannot bring your own alcoholic beverages on board.
- Restrooms are available at the museum and on board the train.
(Friday) 5:15 pm - 8:00 pm PST
Mt. Rainier Railroad and Logging Museum
54124 Mountain Hwy E. Elbe , WA 98355
Mt. Rainier Railroad and Logging Museum888-STEAM-11 54124 Mountain Highway East, Elbe, WA 98330