Q: I have an electric vehicle. Where can I stay near Rainier? I need a place with a charging station for my EV.
A: Happy to help. Here are a few options (listed in alphabetical order). Please note to access the EV stations at the places in this list you must be a registered overnight guest at that property.
- Alder Lake Lookout has one Tesla Electric Car Charger
- Alexander’s Lodge has two Tesla Electric Car Chargers
- Baker Road Cabin
- Bear Lodge Log Cabin
- Big Creek Cabin
- Camp 303 Cabin
- Copper Creek Inn has several NEMA 14/50 plugs for their overnight guests
- Cozy Hiker’s Getaway
- Deer Hideout has a Level 2 charger
- Goldilocks Cabin
- Hayes Hideaway
- Hiker’s Hideaway has a Level 2 EV charging station (cable provided if requested 24 hours prior to check-in)
- Historic Hotel Packwood has two Enphase (aka ClipperCreek) level 2 chargers for electric vehicles.
- Johnson Creek Cabin
- Laughingwater Cabin
- Mama Bear’s Chalet
- Mt. Rainier Retreat has a level 2 station offering 220 volts, 12-35 miles per hour. If you plan to use the EV charger remember to bring your plug.
- Pine Lodge
- Redtail Rendezvous Cabin
- Reflections Lodge
- Stargazer Dome
- Tahoma Vista Chalet
- Tatoosh Trail Cabin
- The Place on the River
- Toasted Marshmallows Cabin
- Wellspring Cabins has four NEMA 14-50 charging ports in the parking lot that are designed for Recreational Vehicles, Teslas, or Electric Vehicles with special adapters. Two of the stations also have a standard household 120-volt plug for adding 5 miles of range per hour on “trickle charge” for any EV. It takes overnight to charge most cars. The charging ports are for lodging guests only. Please bring your own charging cord and any necessary adapter.
- Wildlin Farm
Crystal Mountain Resort has 8 new universal EV charging stations located on the left-hand side just past upper C lot. Each charging station is a level 2 Flo CoRe+ and has the capacity for two vehicles to be plugged in at one time, with a charging range of 1.2kW to 7.2kW.