Q: I have an electric vehicle. Where can I stay near Rainier? I need a place with a charging station for my EV.
A: Happy to help. Here are a few options (listed in alphabetical order). Please note to access the EV stations at the places in this list you must be a registered overnight guest at that property.
- Alder Lake Lookout has one Tesla Electric Car Charger (this vacation rental is booked solid for 2022)
- Alexander’s Lodge has two Tesla Electric Car Chargers
- Copper Creek Inn has several NEMA 14/50 plugs for their overnight guests.
- Hiker’s Hideaway has a Level 2 EV charging station (cable provided if requested 24 hours prior to check-in) And charging stations will be added to Big Creek Cabin, Laughingwater, and Tahoma Vista Chalet in May 2021.
- Wellspring Cabins has four NEMA 14-50 charging ports in the parking lot that are designed for Recreational Vehicles, Teslas, or Electric Vehicles with special adapters. Two of the stations also have a standard household 120-volt plug for adding 5 miles of range per hour on “trickle charge” for any EV. It will take overnight to charge most cars and so the charging ports are for lodging guests only. Please bring your own charging cord and any necessary adapter.