Das Waldhaus is a 1-story, 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom vacation rental in Packwood, WA.
“Das Waldhaus’ is German for ‘The Forest House’, aptly named since it’s adjacent to the Gifford Pinchot National Forest. A short walk away is the beautiful Cowlitz River, seasonal waterfalls, and creeks. The Stevens Canyon entrance to Mount Rainier National Park with access to Ohanapecosh and Silver Falls is a 25-minute drive from the property. White Pass Ski Resort is a 33 minutes drive.
The backyard is one of the property’s highlights.
New to visiting Packwood
Stop by the Packwood Visitor Center located at 13011 US-12, Packwood, WA 98361, or call them directly at (360) 492-7365.
- gig-speed internet
- wood fireplace
- gas BBQ
- hot tub
- outdoor fire pit
- Quiet hours are from 10:00 PM – 8:00 AM
No commercial photography
- Booking Guest must accept the terms of and sign rhe Das Waldhaus rental agreement form at least 14 days prior to arrival, or within 12 hours of booking if fewer than 14 days from arrival.
- BOOKING GUEST: Must be 25 or older and reside at Das Waldhaus for the entire reserved period. The maximum number of guests cannot exceed 6 people over the age of three, 10 people in total. If you exceed this maximum, you will be charged an additional $50 per person per night.
- SECURITY DEPOSIT: A $500 security deposit credit hold will be placed upon signature of rental agreement, at least 14 days prior to arrival, or within 12 hours of booking if fewer than 14 days from arrival. We hope to return the full deposit to you but will keep a portion or all of the deposit if: house rules are broken, damage requires repair/replacement, extra cleaning is required, or items are missing.
- NO TENTS/RVS/CAMPERS: Tents, recreational vehicles, campers, etc. are not allowed. All guests must sleep inside the home.
- NO PARTIES: While the backyard abuts the national forest, Das Waldhaus is in a residential community. We hope you enjoy hot tubbing, fireside conversations, backyard games, and all the house has to offer — while respecting our neighbors’ desire for peace and privacy. Please keep noise to a minimum between 10 pm and 8 am. This means no loud music, yelling, drunken/inappropriate behavior, or congregating in the front yard. If neighbors complain to us or the police, you will need to vacate immediately and will forfeit the amount paid for your stay.
- ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE: Booking Guest agrees to adhere to the check-in time of 4 pm and check-out time of 11 am. Guests remaining on the property after 11 am will be charged an additional fee to support extra cleaning staff – $50 for each 30-minute period beyond 11 am.
- CAMPFIRE: Please adhere to county and state restrictions/bans. Burn only inside the fire ring and completely extinguish campfires anytime you will not attend them, such as going to bed or leaving the cabin. Due to the volume of wood often burned in the fire ring, you will need to purchase your own wood for the outdoor fire ring. Do not use the wood provided for the indoor fireplace.
- PETS: Up to two dogs are permitted during your stay. Do not allow dogs on the couches or beds. Do not let your dog roam the neighborhood or forest unleashed. If you plan to leave your dog alone in the house, you must keep them in a crate/kennel that you provide. An additional $50 cleaning fee will be assessed if we need to clean fur off of the furniture or scoop poop after your stay.
- NO SMOKING: This is a non-smoking property, both inside and out. If you vape, please do so outside away from open windows and doors. If any sign of smoking is discovered, the Guest authorizes the Owner to charge an additional $250 cleaning fee.
- PARKING: Please do not park in the road or block access to other properties. RVs are not allowed.
- HOT TUB: The hot tub will be prepared and tested for proper and safe chemicals prior to or on the day of occupancy. Do not: try to adjust the chemicals, turn off the hot tub, unscrew the filter, use glass near or in the tub, eat in the hot tub, raise the water level higher than two inches above the top jet, or let children use the tub unsupervised. Under no circumstances are pets allowed in the hot tub. If you’re having trouble with settings, please reach out so we can help. Violation of hot tub rules constitutes grounds for expedited eviction, assessment of a $250 service fee, and forfeiture of all monies paid.
- BEDROOMS: The twin beds are antique and are attached to the wall. Do not move them — it will damage the bed and the wall.
- SEPTIC SYSTEM: The system can only handle human waste and toilet paper. Do not flush any sanitary products or wipes, even if they are labeled ‘flushable’. They can clog the plumbing or damage the system, which could ruin your stay and incur an expensive maintenance/damage fee.
- WINDOWS & DOORS: Anytime you leave the home, please ensure all windows and doors are closed and locked to maintain security and prevent rain and water damage. PNW weather can change quickly from sunny to rainy.
- THEFT/LOSS: We are not responsible for the loss of any personal belongings or valuables. If you misplace or accidentally leave something in the house, please let us know so we can look for the item during cleaning. Found items can be mailed at the guest’s expense.
- CHILDREN: Parents must not leave children unattended at any time.
- PHONE: Any charges for long-distance calls will be billed to you, except for calls to us. However, you are welcome to have people call you at the house number.
- RING DOORBELL: The Ring video doorbell on the front porch is disclosed in our listing. Do not tamper with the device or cover the camera. If the camera is covered or disabled at any time during your stay, you will need to vacate and will forfeit the full amount paid for your stay.
- INTERNET, TV, CABLE, PHONE CONNECTIONS: An HDMI port and outlet are provided in the living room for using your own streaming device. Do not, for any reason, unplug cables from the television, power, modem, router, converter boxes, WiFi extender, etc. If tampered with, you will be fined a $250 inspection and reconnection fee. Failure to follow any of these house rules is a breach of the terms and conditions of your reservation. By booking, the guest authorizes the owner to assess fees to remedy any excessive wear or damages incurred during your stay.