- Enjoy beautiful views of Mount Rainier while playing this challenging yet fun basket disc golf course. Play up to 30 holes! And did we mention it’s free? This summer you’ll want to let ’em fly!
Where to Go
- Start the lower course just up the slope from the Mountain Shop or take the Mt. Rainier Gondola up to start the more challenging course from the summit down. The 12 basket “Summit Course” is accessible by a scenic gondola ride. Start right off the top of Crystal under the Rainier Express Chairlift and play the most extreme course anywhere! Follow the course under Powder Bowl and Lucky Shot while launching some of the longest disc flights imaginable. Play past the lower terminal of Rainier Express and head down Broadway until you reach the Forest Queen Express and hole #10. From hole #10, follow the traditional Lower Course back down the mountain.
- The traditional 18 basket “Lower Course” starts at the base area near the Discovery Chairlift and finishes on Exterminator, next to the Alpine Inn & Snorting Elk Cellar.
- A practice basket is located in front of the Snorting Elk Cellar at the Alpine Inn.
When to Play
- Summer and early Fall
- The course is free. There is no fee for the course but gondola tickets must be purchased to ride the Mt. Rainier Gondola to the top.
- Wear sturdy shoes/hiking boots
- Good marking/spotting is important and a big help in finding your discs
- This is a challenging course so families with children 5 and older may want to play the holes close to the Alpine Inn
- 2018 Course Map Please note the course route/s may change year to year.
- The RIght Angle Sports Shop, Crystal Mountain Hotels, and the Snorting Elk Cellar have free course maps available and custom stamped discs for sale.
Several lodging options are located within walking distance.