Cowlitz River Lodge is located at the base of Whitepass in the heart of Packwood, Washington
The renovated rooms feature a refrigerator, microwave, Keurig Coffee maker, hair dryer, and iron. WIFI is free and all rooms have DirectTV. A local herd of Roosevelt elk likes to graze on the lodge’s front lawn almost daily. Like scenic drives? The Cowlitz River Lodge is located along the White Pass Scenic Byway. The lobby has a large stone fireplace and lodge décor.
The lodge has three room types.
Guests can reserve rooms with two queen-size beds, one king-size bed, or a large family suite with three queen-size beds. Each guest room has its own private bathroom.
- 15 minutes/12 miles to Stevens Canyon Entrance to Mount Rainier National Park
- 22 minutes/19.5 miles to White Pass Ski Area and tubing hill
- 37 minutes/16 miles to Gifford Pinchot National Forest
- 90 minutes/90 miles to Mount St. Helens
Area activities near the lodge include hiking, fishing, hunting, skiing, foraging, and scenic drives.
New to visiting the Packwood area?
- Direct TV
- Microwave, refrigerator, coffeemaker and iron in all rooms
- Air conditioning
- Guest laundry