Named one of the Top 10 National Park Lodges by Travel & Leisure.
About the Resort
The resort offers a collection of 23 suites and 4 cabins. The 4 cabins each have a private hot tub on their deck for the ultimate mountain getaway experience. There are two room types at the resort.
- One-Bedroom Chalet Suites are each on the ground level of one of three chalet buildings. Chalet suites have a separate bedroom with a door, bathroom, and a living/dining area with a sleeper sofa.
- Loft Chalet Suites have two private sleeping areas. These are located on the second floor (please note the resort does not have an elevator). Each Loft Chalet Suite is on two levels, with a private balcony off the living room plus a beautiful vaulted pine ceiling with a skylight in the living room. On the first level of the suite, there’s a bedroom, bath, and living room with a sleeper sofa. Upstairs in the loft, there’s another double bed and bathroom.
About the Location
The resort is open year-round and is located on 22 acres in the national forest. Guests will find miles of hiking and biking trails from your door. The grounds are forested with 150-foot tall firs. Located a few miles away is Crystal Mountain Resort and the Sunrise entrance to Mount Rainier National Park.
Q: Is Alta Crystal dog-friendly?
A: They are dog-friendly, though availability is limited and advance reservations are required for the dog-friendly suites and cabins.
We believe a vacation is much more than a place to stay, so we try to give you the amenities we like to have when we go on vacation! In fact, we are Crystal’s only lodging with both a hot tub and pool, and all our accommodations are “preferred” — with fireplaces and so much more.
- Year-round heated pool (90 degrees in the winter)
- Hot tub
- Evening activities on weekends and every night during winter holiday periods; also every night during July & August.
- 1920s recreation lodge with ping pong, foosball and board games.
- Fireplaces and small fully equipped kitchens in all rooms.
- Satellite television (almost 200 channels), DVD players and free WiFi* in all rooms.
- Dog- friendly suites (advance reservations required).
- Snowshoe, hiking and biking trails from your door.
- Snowshoe and mountain bike rentals.
- In-room gourmet “heat and eat” meals.
- On-site grocery and gift shop; restaurants close by.
- Recreation field for snow forts and snowball fights in the winter; croquet, volleyball and horseshoes in the summer.
- 700+ rental movie collection.
- Outdoor charcoal grills.
- Winter and spring skiing at Crystal Mountain (10 minutes away)
- Mt. Rainier Gondola scenic rides & dining at the Summit House (10 minutes away).
- Summer horseback and Mt. Rainier Gondola rides (10 minutes away)
- Disc golf course (10 minutes away)* Because of our relatively remote location, we have limited internet bandwidth. We have two T-1 lines that service the resort (all that’s available out here) so our internet is usually adequate for checking email, but there’s not enough bandwidth for streaming. We have installed cell phone amplifiers in the rooms, so if you have Verizon or ATT, you should be able to use your phone to browse the internet or even use your WiFi hotspot.