About Alder Lake Lookout
Located in the foothills approximately a 30-minute drive from the Nisqually Entrance to Mount Rainier National Park is the Alder Lake Lookout. This vacation rental is situated on a wooded property, 10 acres of privacy and serenity. Guests enjoy sweeping panoramas of mountains, Alder Lake, and on a clear day can glimpse Mount Rainier from almost anywhere in the house (including the hot tub!). There’s a full kitchen, outdoor fire pit, and plenty of activities (bags, ax-throwing, tubes, and board games).
Vaulted ceiling, and floor-to-ceiling windows open to an outdoor deck with a gas fire pit, outdoor dining, and seating areas. The main floor bedroom features two XL twin beds, which can be kept separate or converted to a king-size bed. The laundry area has a new LG washer and dryer available along with laundry supplies.
The upstairs master suite overlooks the floor-to-ceiling view.
Upstairs there’s an en-suite bath with toiletries. The master boasts a king-size Beautyrest Black mattress with extra pillows and blankets. Phone chargers for most phones and built-in USB ports for easy charging are in each bedroom. There is also a fan provided in each bedroom.
The kitchen is fully stocked with utensils and cooking equipment.
Wine glasses, drink glasses, coffee maker and coffee pods, milk frother, and instant hot kettle, along with some vanilla syrup, cinnamon, sugar, and during the holiday seasons peppermint syrup for drinks. The pantry is stocked with various condiments, spices, and baking ingredients like flour, sugar, etc.
The daylight basement has independent zoned heating and cooling so everyone can stay comfortable.
There’s a large 4K tv with Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Google Play, and game consoles. Two Beauty Rest queen beds are located in the lower bedroom area. The daylight basement includes a bedroom, TV, and game table. The basement opens to a lower deck with additional seating, plus a 7 person hot tub, and fire pit. Firewood is provided for the wood-burning stove and fire pit. The deck has a gas fire pit, electric smoker, and gas bbq.
Guests have access to a 2-car heated garage for parking that also houses ax and knife throwing, fishing gear, lake floats (along with an air compressor), jump starter, 60 amp Tesla EV charger and soon to be kayaks and 50 amp outlet for charging.
The hosts take cleaning seriously and provide hand sanitizer in every room, antibacterial soap, sanitizer spray, antibacterial bleach, and require the whole home to be thoroughly cleaned and surfaces sanitized after each guest.
Alder Lake Lookout is dog-friendly and has a fully fenced yard.
Ideally suited for
Family vacations, quiet retreats, and romantic getaways
- Body soap
- Shower gel
Bedroom and laundry
- Towels, bed sheets, soap, and toilet paper
- Bed linens
- Extra pillows and blankets
- Game console
- Ethernet connection
- Baby monitor
- Outlet covers
- High chair
- Baby safety gates
- Children’s books and toys
- Pack ’n Play/travel crib
Heating and cooling
- Air conditioning
- Portable fans
- Ceiling fan
- Indoor fireplace
- Security cameras on the property
- Cameras in the cabin entryway and deck remain on
- Smoke alarm
- Carbon monoxide alarm
- First aid kit
- Fire extinguisher
Internet and office
- Wifi available throughout the vacation rental
- Dedicated workspace
Kitchen and dining
- Kitchen space where guests can cook their own meals
- Mini fridge
- Coffee maker
- Keurig coffee machine
- Dishes and silverware
- Cooking basics like pots and pans, oil, salt, and pepper
- Baking sheet
- Barbecue utensils
- Nespresso machine
- Lake access, guests can get to a lake using a path or dock
- Private entrance
- Separate street or building entrance
- BBQ grill
- Fenced yard
- Beach essentials such as beach towels, umbrella, beach blanket, snorkeling gear
Parking and facilities
- Free parking on premises
- Hot tub
- Check-in: After 2:00 PM Checkout: 12:00 PM
- Self-check-in with lockbox
- No smoking
- No parties or events
- Pets are allowed
- Availability is shown for up to six months at a time
- Do not leave fire pit or wood-burning stove unattended
- Do not flush anything but toilet paper
- Please scrape food into the trash before rinsing dishes
- For pet owners, please be mindful of your dog during your stay. If a mess occurs, there is a cleaning spray in the laundry room. If they’re heavy shedders or have dirty paws, the owners would appreciate it if you put down the faux fur blanket on the furniture
- Long term stays allowed for 28 days or more
- 2-night minimum stay required
- Cleaning fee $100 per stay
- Service fee $155 per stay